We have several custom features in mind for our Volusion store, and to be applicable to our future Volusion stores.
1) Product-swatch behavior on product pages: We want our version of SmartMatch using all swatches instead of dropdowns.
2) Single-color images on product pages: We want, when a customer chooses a color in the new SmartMatch, for the image set to show images only in that color.
3) Clickable color swatches on category (and search) pages: We want small color swatches by each product on category pages so customers can click them and see the category-page product images change to each color.
4) Filtered category view: We want our custom filters for our color categories to change the filtered view's product images based on color. Because our products come in various fancy colors (e.g., brick, burgundy, cherry), we use a separate filter category to sort by color, rather than using the real color option that the system knows. In this case, we’d put all three items (brick, burgundy, cherry) into the “red” filter category. When a customer clicks to filter and view only “red” dresses, we want to show brick, burgundy, and cherry dresses, and we want to show the product images of those colors.
5) Ads for rewards points: We want some math on values pulled from the database and pop-in variables that we can use around the site to say, e.g, "Buy this and earn X points" (where X would be a product of the points percentage and the product price).
We have more details written and can explicate in further communication. You can look at www.badgleymischka.com for examples of these features on a different ecommerce platform.