If you've never been to Tokyo or done yoga, this gig isn't for you... Sorry....
TokyoYoga.com is an online magazine featuring personal stories, interviews, articles, and photo essays about yoga in Tokyo and greater Japan. Whether you are a planning to visit, a tourist passing through, a long-term expatriate, or a local, we’d love to feature your story! We welcome diverse perspectives from people who are completely new to yoga all the way through to those who have been practicing for decades and professional yoga teachers.
- We’re open to personal stories, informational articles, essays, and interviews.
We specialize in long-form content over 1,500 words. There is no particular maximum, though.
- Interview transcripts should be edited for easy of reading and clarity.
- Include any relevant pictures or other visuals (they must either be images that you own or that meet the standards of the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license).
- At a minimum, please use at least one image. We are aiming for a magazine-style look, so all our stories have a screen-width image at the top that is over 2,500 pixels wide.
- Landscape/horizontal images should be over 2,500 pixels width.
- Portrait/vertical images should be over 1,40 pixels width.
- Please provide a decent description for each photo. Our audience are very curious people and love to know the story behind each image. Some are not familiar at all with Japan or yoga, so will need you to state what might otherwise seem obvious.
To apply, please tell me:
1. How many years have you practiced yoga regularly?
2. Briefly, tell me about what kind of content you'd like to contribute
3. Any questions or issues?