The technical Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the operational services provided by a specific Service Module.
The Technical Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of datacentre environment hardware and software and related infrastructure. he/she participates in technical research and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure.
Participation in projects to warrant a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
- At least 3 (6 for senior) years of professional experience relevant to the duties, within large-scale Data Centre environments
- Comfortable with most aspects of administration of systems involved in one or more of the domains of this call for tender
- Has a solid understanding of most of the technical aspects and concepts related to the domains of this call for tender
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, Python, Shell, Visual Basic)
- Day to day infrastructure operations
- Incidents resolution and problems identification
- Administers a complex site alone or assists in the administration of a larger site.
- Infrastructure monitoring, availability, testing and reporting
- Implements standard changes and service requests
- Documentation management
- On-call service