*This is a FULL TIME POSITION. CONTRACT into FULL TIME also acceptable.
This position is responsible for analyzing the business requirements, design, develop and implement highly efficient, highly scalable ETL processes as well as reports to meet user needs. Candidate is required to perform daily and project functions with a focus on meeting the business objectives on time within a rapidly changing work environment.
1. Work closely with the technology team, and business analysts to understand customer requirements.
2. Work independently on projects delivering fully automated ETL applications for production use.
3. Communicate with the firm’s customers effectively. May be required to present technical project plans to a non-technical audience.
4. Evaluate and design data collection, data staging, data movement, analytics delivery, data quality and archiving strategies
5. Perform data profiling, source-target mappings, ETL development, SQL tunings and optimization, testing and implementation
Provide reviews of deliverables and identifies gaps/areas for improvement
6.Provide complete documentation on each completed project including production instructions, data mapping and database relationship diagrams.
7.Identify opportunities to optimize the ETL environment, implement monitoring, quality and validation processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity
8. Provide post-implementation supports, responds to problem quickly and provide both short and long term resolutions
9.Provide end-users supports including business queries and requests
2+ years ETL experience, with both hands-on and lead experience in providing data warehousing solutions
- Technically strong in ETL concept, design and development using Data Migrator.
- Experience with WebFOCUS reporting and metadata generation is essential.
- Familiarity with DB2 is a plus but must have current experience with a SQL based database.
-Strong SQL query building skills.
-Must possess the following technical skills:
-Current experience with Data Migrator
-Web FOCUS report design.
-Databases & Utilities: DB2 or SQL Server
-Interface Tools: Secured FTP, DB2 Connect
-Knowledge of ERWIN and modeling tools is a plus
-A self-motivated personality, and able to work efficiently by himself/herself, as well as, in a team