Do you want to change the future of television?
Are you a user experience designer?
Wurl, Inc. Is looking for a Sr. UX Designer and Video Editor
You will help us develop user interfaces to delight TV watchers and drive video consumption and engagement.
You will work closely with Engineering to create engaging video user experiences (interactive TV) in multiple Set top box platforms attached to TVs.
This is a product development-level job. A careful and near-constant coordination with engineering is required and iterating over the same files and collaborating with others on the same set of files (using Git and a pre-validation script to check in the AEP files) is essential. As the product progresses, you will be able to test your output using Mac build tools and a Set top box (likely an AppleTV, but also others).
- From basic ideas, create AfterEffects files that can be directly turned into usable user interfaces with scripts that we provide and a series of rules for putting together your .aep files.
- Produce user interface files in After Effects
- Create unique and thoughtful interaction animations
- Prepare production files for developer integration. Interface with the developers to help them make your animations work in a way that delights your users.
- Set and name animations, UI classes and other details to interface with the code.
- Assist in testing the resulting product, with an eye to making your your vision becomes a reality.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail during the production process.
- Work independently as well as with the team to ensure deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
- A passion for interactive TV
- Strong knowledge of design fundamentals.
- Experience creating interactive designs for software of applications
- Demonstrable experience in building world-class, consumer-level user interfaces in the video space.
- A basic ability to run command-line tools (Mac Terminal, build shell scripts, git version control) and a basic interpretation of compiled output.
- Excellent Visual Design skills. We will need to see an exceptional portfolio showcasing your designs
- User Experience Background (User psychology principles, mental models/paths of least resistance, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Availability during Pacific Standard Time (PST) hours (for stand-ups and interaction with the team)
A plus if you have:
- Familiarity with the software development process. Versioning, branching, releases, whether in web software or video game development.
- Familiarity with Scrum process management. Daily standup, etc.
- Some technical understanding of software programming.
- A strong sense of product development.
- CSS and Web design or development skills, or “Rich UI” development skills (Visual basic-like things)