I am Looking for a part-time book-keeper / CPA on a part time basis for my business. Hours, days, and location, are totally flexible... just need to make sure the work get's done.
I ask that you please read this entire list all requirements before bidding or sending a response.
I own a small consulting firm. I have run it for the last 2 years. The firm primarily focuses on integrating technology into new or retrofired hospitals. From advanced Operating Rooms, to integrated patient comfort technology. I really love what I do, and because I spend a lot of time doing it, I can't always be head-down on my books.
It's the middle of 2016, and I'm in the need of a new book-keeper / CPA to help track, categorize / organizes expenses and make sure they have a receipt, etc. My last book-keeper was good, but they dealt with a large number of retail clients . Very much a cookie-cutter bookkeeping shop that had more brick-and-mortar retail clients rather than consulting clients.
The company's accounts on a "Cash Basis".
Here is a summary of the the responsibilities and deliverable needed under this contract:
- I need payroll run monthly. (have to eat)
- Account for and report on Owners Distributions on a quarterly basis.
- Payroll taxes and other obligations paid (through payroll deductions). I'm OK with using my banks payroll service or QBO's payroll system, but some things are suspect are manual.
- Note that although I draw a salary, I only do so so I I can contribute to a i401K. All remaining profits are distributed through owner distributions on an as-needed basis.
- I need the chart of accounts maintained and above reproach in the event of an audit.
- Track all expenses and attach a scanned copy of the receipts. Bug me for receipts. I keep them, but don't always scan them and upload them as an attachment in QBO. As I said earlier, I don't have many expenses, but in some months, their could be a surge.
- Note - I don't use credit cards for expenses if I can avoid it. I use the corporate debit card. All expenses are paid using the debit card, and debts are paid electronically using Bill Pay from my corporate bank account. On odd occasions (2 to 3 times a year), I will withdrawal petty cash and, some rare occasions, I may use my personal credit card if absolutely necessary (like renting a car, or hotel room who don't take debit cards)
- To close out quarters in QBO and send me the P&L and Balance Sheet at the end of the quarter close (I'm on a standard Fiscal Year reporting schedule)
- Someone to work with my personal CPA (as this is a pass-through corp) at the end of the year to close out the year.
- Although I run a 1-man shop, I have and will likely hire 1099 sub-contractors when the need arises. I may need those created at the end of the year, however, I will do all of the AP.
- It is a must that you are able to communicate with me on Instant Messenger or SMS, as well as by phone or email. I use Google Talk IM extensively to communicate with partners, clients, and vendors. As I am usually in environment day-to-day where I can not take calls, IM and SMS are really important tools. IM or Email for the little stuff, SMS and Phone Calls for urgent things.
- Also looking for someone to keep me up to date about tax laws that could affect me or the business. Simple stuff, like for example, this year, 2016, no one informed me that the max 401K contribution went up from $17,500 to $18,000 until Q2 of 2016. Little things like that.
- Provide evidence that you are professional dinosaur trainer. (see qualifying questions below)
- I use Google Drive to store and share receipts and other corporate documents of importance. I need someone that is familiar with Google Dive to retrieve information I upload, and to upload reports as well.
- Issuance of my annual W2 at the end of the year. Need that run and delivered at the end of the year.
- Run a sanity check on the books from time to time. Call out any anomalies.
What you DO NOT have to do:
- I will do all invoicing. That, I'm good at. I have been doing it for years. I will make deposits, (but not always close out the receivable).
- Setup of new clients in QBO.
- I'll do AP. I do 99% of my banking (AP) electronically. And, yes, QBO is linked to my corporate bank accounts.
So, a need a QBO book-keeper / CPA. I am looking for a book-keeper that works on a time-and materials basis (1099) with their own established firm, one that I able to independently verify. I also would like to see evidence of some online QBO training.
My preference is to work with on on-shore U.S. vendor, but it is not a requirement. I'm looking that "personal touch" where when I call, I speak to the same person or small group within that firm.