We are looking for a virtual Full Charge Bookkeeper with a strong accounting background. Must have knowledge of accounting, understand debits and credits and the various account types (assets/liabilities/equity/revenue/expenses) and when to use each. ... The workload will start on a part-time basis to assess your work quality and ethics, but will quickly expand to full-time. Must be proficient in QuickBooks Online - must know how to use the various modules to record transactions such as Enter Bills, Pay Bills, Create Invoices, Receive Payments, Write Checks, Record Deposits, Enter Credit Card Charges, Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations; Process Payroll and General Journal Entries.
This position is unique in that it will require a blend of talent and expertise in full-cycle accounting, bookkeeping, and personal tax return preparation. In this role, you will be handling accounting work for small to mid-size businesses in the US. You will be managing all of the accounting, AP, AR, Bank reconciliations, 1099’s, W2, payroll preparation, check issuing (owner signs and sends) and reporting functions for your assigned clients. Additionally, during tax season, you will be preparing individual tax returns for several clients.
If you have worked in the construction business, this is a plus.
• Manage weekly accounting functions for clients in QuickBooks Online
• Prepare payroll for clients
• Prepare Reporting as weekly / monthly / quarterly / yearly basis
• Process and prepare all invoices for payment
• Prepare checks for signature and delivery (company owners will sign and send)
• Manage AR and client invoicing
• Reconcile bank transactions and credit card settlements
• Prepare routine journal entries
• Prepare sales tax returns
• Communicate frequently with Controller
• Review and analyze general ledger transactions and reports
• Interact with staff to ensure all work flow is smooth
A combination of education and experience in accounting, including preparation of financial statements, and personal income tax returns is desired.
• 1+ years of professional experience in public accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (preferred).
• Broad exposure to federal income taxation and knowledge of tax regulations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Excellent Excel skills.
• Understanding of accounting systems (QuickBooks Online).
• Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to function well in a dynamic team environment.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• 2 years’ experience with reconciliations, payroll, bookkeeping, or accounting
• USA Small business accounting experience is a plus
• Professionalism, dependability, and integrity.
• Ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
• Full-cycle accounting experience
• Business payroll experience