We are looking for an experienced mobile app developer to build us an app (IOS and Android) based on our website currently under development. We are currently only considering developers located in the United States. Bids from foreign developers will not be considered for this project.
We are currently reviewing a bid from a reliable developer for $3,500 using AppPresser for the project. We are looking for comparable rates, however, we are willing to spend up to $7,000 for a developer with a strong portfolio.
Who we are:
We are a fitness studio named "Level 5 Fitness" in Southern California that has taken a unique approach to training small groups of clients (typically 10-20 clients per class). What makes us special is that every workout is customized to the individual based on their fitness level and goals, and progress over time using a proprietary algorithm.
We build profiles of our members based on several data points (i.e. body weight, age, fitness level, etc.) and then assign them to one of our five levels of fitness programming. From there, our website (and also mobile app), creates a personalized program specific to their level and progresses them over time via algorithm.
Purpose: Our mobile application will help us accomplish the following goals-
1. Allow our clients to view their workout program and log progress via a mobile device
2. Build an online community of users nationwide that can later be monetized
3. As we expand to multiple locations, be used as a branding and marketing tool
We are currently working with a talented US-Based web developer to create a website that will mirror the mobile app in many ways, but also have many additional features. The website is being done through wordpress, while the member profiles, data, and algorithms are being written in MYSQL. Our mobile app developer will be expected to have some communication with the web developer throughout this project.
Our mobile application is essentially a “personal trainer in your phone,” and will be based off of our website. Here is the list of features:
1.New Member Questionnaire: Upon opening the app, there is a brief questionnaire that helps a member create a profile and gathers basic information about their body, fitness level, and goals
2.Workout Page: Members can view their workouts that the program assigns. We also will have very simple pictures demonstrating the exercises
3. Profile Page: Members can view their progress, update basic account info i.e. password, see badges and workout-related challenges. The member profile is something that is
Those 3 sections can easily be adapted from the website, and should require minimal design work. There are 4 items not included in the website that we will need designed:
1. Notifications (i.e. a reminder for a member to workout)
2. When a member is working out, having a timer that counts down the amount of time they have during each exercise
3. The questionnaire section will be slightly modified for mobile app users
4. We would like members to be able to post progress photos of themselves directly to the app/their account by taking a picture on their phone
Mobile applications that we may be similar to and like their layout:
- Nike Training Club http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nike-plus/training-app
- Fitocracy https://www.fitocracy.com/
- Fitness Builder https://www.pumpone.com/