Yes, it is!
So, I've sketched the app up with JustInMind. I'm a HORRIBLE artist/designer, so it's very ROUGH. So either you or your team needs to be able to do the design part of it. Or, I can hire someone else to do that part and you handle the other parts....I'm flexible.
I believe the app is more or less developed. However, I will need someone who is able to spend at least a few hours developing the app with me. Now, this person needs to be either the designer mentioned above or the coder. I'm not going to hire someone just for development purposes.
Here’s what the USER of the app needs to be able to do:
Absolutely Essential Right Now
1. Ability to scan bar codes (needs to connect to ISBNs)
2. Ability to search based on bar codes (and other information)
3. Ability to sort search results
4. Ability to chat about a SPECIFIC item
5. Sign-up/log-in with email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. (FB & email are a must)
Not Essential, but very USEFUL
1. Ability to send GPS location in the Chat.
2. Ability to send photos in the Chat.
3. Ability to Wish List something.
4. Ability to be notified when a Wish List item has been listed.
5. Ability to search/sort by distance. Alerted when someone is within a specific distance (eg. 100 feet). The preference would be for this to by dynamic.
6. Now, after you’ve started your application with the answer to the first math question above, place a comma after the answer and then write the square root of that number.
7. Ability to rate users.
8. Ability to confirm with both parties that a transaction has been completed, which automatically removes the item upon confirmation.
9. Ability to see either a suggested price, median price of listings, or average price sold.
Not Essential. Useful, but might not be worth the time, energy to do now.
1. Ability to create a profile. (Maybe this should be bumped-up depending on difficulty.)
2. Ability to make calls via the app via VOIP. (Honestly, not sure how feasible this is. I don’t want users to have personal information of other users, but this probably isn't necessary.)
3. Ability to upload photos to a listing. (Probably not necessary.)
4. Ability to send/receive money. (Definitely don't need that right now)
5. Ability to charge users. (Definitely don't need that right now)
So, you have to be able to implement/code all of that. At least the stuff listed as “Absolutely Essential Right Now”.
Now, I don’t need you to create them all from scratch. From what I’m told, open-source or pay-solutions (SDKS are what they are called?) are available for certain features (e.g. barcode scanning). I don’t need you wasting 20 hours trying to code something we can get for free or pay $100 for...TIME IS MONEY!!!
Now let’s rock & roll amigos!!! Go go go!