We are using the name “Animal Sounds and Tiny Tales” as a working title. This has not been finalized at the time of this writing. The general idea is to create an app that is loosely based on the old Mattel toy See ‘n Say:
This is a toy from days of old that has somewhat fallen out of favor with today’s generation. We would like to bring it up to date and add some functionality that would distinguish us from the other apps that are in the marketplace.
Animal Sounds and Tiny Tales for iOS. The format is for iPhones and iPads.
Working App Title: Animal Sounds and Tiny Tales
Functionality included with initial download:
1. Arrow spins, plays a sound of the animal, then allows user to select story for that animal (where the arrow stops)
2. Tap the animal to play the sound for that animal and give user ability to select story (Tiny Tale) and Fun Fact for that Animal.
3. Initial download of 8 animals to start. + 1 Random selection
The Main page (Animal sounds) would have a pie chart with various animal images around. The center of the circle would be a pointer that the user could spin and point to the Animal they would like to hear.
Tiny Tales will be short stories for small children for bed/nap time. Below the small story, there will be a few 'fun facts'
• User will be able to tap image to play sound
• When scrolling through the story, the image will be the break-point. i.e. User will always see image no matter how long the story might be.
• User will be able to return to main screen
This is all very loose right now. If you have ideas to bring to the table, please do. I am not looking for someone to do everything I ask. I am looking for someone to contribute and give advice and direction not just a yes man.
I have all the animal drawings, sounds, and stories. And I have a rough idea of how I believe the app should look. It would be best of you have a design background and create a nice, user/kid friendly user interface. Icons, splash screens, etc... would need some ideas thrown around.