A basic web development workflow includes collecting or creating web content (copy, images, videos, etc.), planning website layout and navigation, coding the actual web pages, then testing and optimizing the website for superior user experience and optimum performance.
Web development projects require frequent revisions and enhancements, so web developers need patience as well as strong communication skills to interact with team members and clients. Creativity and an understanding of color theory and design concepts will also increase your value as a web developer.
Web Developer Skills & Responsibilities
Typical day-to-day activities and marketable skill sets for the web developers include the following. Web Developers:
2. Should know one or more server-side programming languages, such as Java, PHP and .Net.
3. Use search engine optimization (SEO) to develop websites that rank high in Google, Bing, etc.
4. Test web pages and web apps in multiple browsers, e.g., Chrome, FireFox & Internet Explorer.
5. Implement Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to efficiently control the style of multiple pages in the site.
6. Develop websites that interact with popular database systems like MySQL, SQL Server & Oracle.
7. Use wireframes to plan the layout, navigation, and functionality of new web development projects.
8. Communicate with clients and colleagues to troubleshoot websites and optimize performance.
9. Some web developers are responsible for designing a website's graphics and multimedia elements.
** At the beginning of your application, please put "Nike means 'Victory' in Greek" in the subject line or very top of your application. Make this the first thing we see. **