* THIS IS A PILOT PROJECT whereby multiple freelancers/agencies will be engaged to deliver the same fixed-price initial piece of work and on completion there will be continuing work (billed by the hour) over a period of months for a single selected freelancer/agency. *
We're an exciting fintech company building the next generation of mobile-only investment experience here in the UK.
Looking for an experienced iOS developer/agency who has taken at least one app to the App Store and knows what is involved in beta testing, provisioning, publication and crash reporting.
You should have experience working in a distributed team and using the usual tools for project management (eg. Jira), and source control (eg. Git and GitHub). You produce clean, testable code with an emphasis on code quality and maintainability.
For the pilot project, the job is as follows:
- Implement as much of the specified registration and sign-up process (TBC) as possible within the budget provided using a combination of Storyboards, Swift and the other recommended libraries and frameworks.
- Steps will include: integrating with our authentication services (OAuth) via REST API calls, collecting user profile data, setting a passcode and enabling TouchID, looking up address details using a post code (UK only via REST API), capturing photo of ID (eg. Passport), integrating with NSUserDefaults and KeyChain where appropriate, implementing mock client-side services where real REST APIs do not yet exist.
- More detailed specifications will be provided in various forms including design mockups (eg. Sketch), wireframes and written descriptions.
- Preference is for better code quality with good encapsulation and testability rather than complete functionality - as long as things are moving in the right direction by the end of the pilot period.
In order to be successfully engaged for the long term (past the pilot project) your skill-set and experience should cover a good chunk of the following:
- Core skills: iOS 9 and 10 (supporting iOS 8+ and up), Swift 2+, UIKit, Interface Builder, Auto Layout, Core Animation
- Supporting libraries and frameworks: RxSwift (or ReactiveCocoa), AlamoFire, SwiftyJson, Realm
- Software engineering: GoF design patterns, MVVM, IoC, DI
- Testing: Unit testing, UI testing (eg. XCUIKit, Appium)
- (BONUS) Server-side: RESTful API implementation with Java (eg. Spring Boot) or Python (eg. Flask)