This is a 100% work from anywhere telecommute position with flexible hours. That being said, we do need this candidate to be in a compatible time-zone to the United States - meaning within a couple hours, give or take.
We are looking for a creative, talented and knowledgable designer capable of producing stunning user-centric mobile/web interfaces, who would like nothing more than to work from the comfort of his or her home. No formal attire, no road-rage. Live more, work better … is our mojo.
You don't have to have the most experience, but we want you to have the most current experience of at least 3 solid years and a strong portfolio to prove it. If the Lean Start-up, Digital Disruption or build, measure and learn buzz-words mean something to you, keep reading.
Here is what you must posses or be really good at:
• The design process involving research, experimentation, and revision.
• Incorporate usability testing feedback.
• Elicit constructive feedback and capable of interpreting that feedback into design solutions.
• Perform field research to discover and implement important design details that people may not realize they need.
• Collaborate with developers, product owners and manage contract help to increase output as necessary.
• Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Ability to solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision; a full stack designer (interaction, usability, graphic design, html, css).
• UI and UX Design expertis with strong emphasis on mobile, in particular IOS.
• Skilled at building original web sites and applications focused on user experience.
• Demonstrated custom web design skills that show creativity beyond applying third-party templates.
• Must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication, both written and spoken English, with both technical and not-so-technical people. Ability to explain why a design works or why it doesn’t.
• Relevant undergraduate degree or 3-4 years of mobile and web and user application design experience.
• Able to integrate UX into Agile development practices. We release working software in short iterations.
• Strong visual design skills: Latest trends, color and typography.
• Strong interaction design skills: wireframing, prototyping, HTML5, CSS3, Photoshop.
• Front end development coding a strong plus!
• A passion for semantic mark-up and standards.
• Experience with: iOS design, Android design, front-end design, OSX design, interaction design, GUI design or usability is a nice-to-have.
For more information check out our website: www.softanyware.com
We are a first to market software technology company, having invented a series of front service hospitality solutions, including parking, bell desk management, and claims mitigation for the car rental industry. Our elite client list includes some of the biggest names on the planet, including MGM, Ceasars, Wynn, Borgata, Hilton, Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Hertz Corporation, etc... over 700 to date.
Aside from our first to market front service solutions, we have recently broadened our scope to include everything from human potential applications to creating a wine/vineyard label. Our team of about 50 is made up of very smart, driven, start-up oriented individuals who understand and appreciate the opportunity to engage via telecommute. Our team is scattered across the United States, Costa Rica, Brazil and India like sea-shells on a beach and we have been growing fast over the past 10 years - even during the economic downturn. If you are looking for a non-traditional, forward thinking, risk-taking, build-measure-learn kind of organization that will treat you like the rock star you are, then we are looking forward to hearing from you.