We are a non-profit community dance music online radio station seeking a long term relationship with a capable server administrator for occasional work and updates, with experience of Shoutcast / AirTime / Node.js / IRC / CloudFlare. Probably no more than a few hours per month.
We are in the process of moving servers, but our old admin is having personal issues and has left us in the middle of the move. We are seeking someone to help us clean up and get us up and running quickly. We require some immediate help and then ongoing support as we grow.
Server: Red Hat / CentOS 6.8
Things to do:
- understand our entire server infrastructure (cloudflare / shoutcast / relays / forum / IRC)
- Refine and improve infrastructure
- setup SSH for 2 x admins
- help with SSH login for 2 admins
- secure server from attack
- firewall sort out
- port sort out
- upgrade software (node / git etc)
- optimise cloudFlare account
- Help move phpBB (1gb) database across servers
- help get node scripts working properly
- install SSL certificates on domains
- clean up server of old files
- share knowledge with owner
- document what you do (to a basic level)
- transition from shoutcast to AirTime
- (maybe) look at backup systems
- (maybe) install and run AirTime radio software
- (maybe) setup monitoring and things like that
If you love dance music and want to be involved with an award-winning radio community, this is a great opportunity. If you want to apply for this job, please start your proposal with the word RADIO and then your proposal, please specify if you have experience with online radio and the proposal requirements.