I need a Wordpress plugin which stores entities with custom fields, and then auto-generates comparison pages for all entities.
Imagine you have 8 entities (e.g. vendors). The plugin needs to automatically build all permutations of vendor comparisons as automated pages, 2 and 3 levels deep i.e.:
Entity1 vs Entity2
Entity1 vs Entity2 vs Entity3
An example of potential output pages (automatically generated) is this:
- Create a custom post type in Wordpress called "Comparison Pages"
- Enable customization of any entity's fields - ideally re-use https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/ to define custom fields for a new page type called "Comparison Pages"
- All auto-generated pages would be under the URL /comparisons/ in WP - though that would be configurable in the plugin settings
- The specific HTML template applied to the "Comparison Page" post type should be fully controllable as a template in plugin settings - along with certain important page attributes e.g. slug, page title, etc.
- Each entity can collect comments on the "Comparison Page" (see example below) - will be explained further
- There needs to be an index page at /comparisons enabling someone to pick an entity, a second one and (optionally) a third one - which will then take directly to the relevant comparison page - based on what they picked. This should be re-usable shortcode include.
All I would like to do is add information about each entity or vendor, and the comparison pages need to get automatically generated.
Please don't apply for this project unless you are a Wordpress plugin expert and fully understand the requirements above.
Firstly - I would like to define a "vendor" with custom fields e.g. name, size, etc. - different forms fields like textboxes, etc. would be needed for this custom type of entity.
Secondly, I would like your plugin to provide the comparison root page e.g. pick which vendors you want to compare.
Thirdly, I would like your plugin to auto-generate pages based on a template for the comparisons so that I can link to comparisons directly with a URL e.g. mysite.com/comparisons/vendor1-vs-vendor2
All permutations of all vendors would need to be generated automatically.