This is a short-term project for troubleshooting and fixing bugs in a custom wordpress/woocommerce/moodle integration that we have. The primary phase of the project is done, but there are a couple of remaining bugs that we are having trouble squashing and we need some fresh eyes on the project.
There are two main things that are keeping us from really marketing this the way we need to:
Custom cart/enrollment form:
We have a custom shopping cart/enrollment form where customers can add moodle courses, create/select users for the moodle site, create/select additional users who will receive email notifications for progress (more on this later), and finally, pay and checkout.
The problem is that when using the Stripe payment gateway, the form will complete/close without calling the stripe payment gateway. There is a button on the bottom of the form that should reflect the selected payment method, saying either “Proceed to PayPal” or “Proceed to Credit Card”, but it sometimes says “Place Order”. When it says “Place Order” - Stripe does not work… it does not open the pop-up. The form completes, but the order is stuck in “Pending Payment” and, of course, the ‘student’ is not enrolled in the course even though (to the customer) it looks like the transaction was successful… although they did not enter any payment information.
We tried the in-line Stripe payment form, but we started getting js/JQuerry errors with that.
Also, (probably not related to the custom form) We had a problem when a customer’s card was declined for no known reason and the cart did not inform her that it was declined.
Email notification reports:
We have 3 things that get emailed to customer selected contacts: Completion Reports (Consisting of a report of the activities done in a course, and a completion certificate), Daily Reports (a report of a user’s daily activity if they’ve had any), and Usage Alerts (not implemented at this time).
The reports themselves seem to be working, but we are getting inconsistent results with receiving the emails in our testing.
Also, daily reports are using UTC time instead of Los_Angeles time despite being specified in the .php files themselves.
As you can see, two main issues with a couple more minor things that are more or less related to them. If needed, more detail can be provided.