Please note: We prefer applicants from Australia due to time difference. If you feel strong about this role, please apply as we may consider.
We are seeking for a freelance writer/blogger for our social media app Hobspot that we can count on on a weekly basis. There will be a lot of work that needs to be done. The successful applicant will have exceptional writing skills as well as be able to meet deadlines.
The candidate should be familiar with social media platforms and must be experience in identifying great stories, developing ideas and turning them into engaging, interesting and accurate articles. Freelancing experience will be highly regarded, as will on-line journalism skills.
The storyteller / communicator / writer we are looking for does not just write, he or she creates engaging content to inform, influence and engage Hobspot audiences including existing and future users.
Note: We would like to eventually work with a limited amount of freelancers we can count on. We are going to need various blogs and press releases on a weekly basis. We will also require you for other tasks within writing. We want to be able to develop a close relationship with you and know that we can count on your services.
- Write newsletters
- Write well-researched and informative blogs on a range of topics from technology, health, sports, travel, food, and leisure
- Wrie press releases
- Brainstorm feature ideas and allocate articles
Key skills and qualifications:
- Well-developed written communication skills
- Experience writing about social media
- The ability to write creatively for various social media platforms
- Strong writing and sub-editing
- Ability to be innovative, adhere to deadlines, compete at the highest level, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment
- Have an eagle-eye when it comes to proofreading
- Have impeccable grammar and literacy
Hobspot is a new free social app launching in the next month for both iOS and Android devices that allows you to instantaneously connect with people nearby that enjoy the same hobbies, interests and activities as you.
Hobspot connects you with like-minded individuals to initiate genuine connections and friendships in your local city to help you get more out of life. From playing tennis to going for a hike, and everything in between (whatever your hobby may be)! Making new friends in your area with the same leisure interests as you not only allows for companionship, fun, adventure and excitement, but also provides motivation and a support system.
Whether you've recently moved, started a new hobby, have an existing hobby or just want to make some new friends, Hobspot makes it easy for you.