My name is Michael and I run a growing web development company in the US/Canada. Please carefully read this post if your team is seriously considering this company merger. I know this listing is a little long but if you're confident about the position, it should be worth your time.
We currently have about 15 jobs in the work queue and are adding between 1 and 5 jobs / week (However, we will start jobs slowly and if all goes well, we increase that number). Team MUST have quality resources which will allow me to scale efficiently. That means, I should be able to pile on jobs without any serious delay in project life cycle. I have been working with an abroad team for 6 years+ so I am well experienced in this domain. As for my credentials, I am a Software Engineer and Pure Mathematics Major. I will be monitoring work.
95% of jobs are build on Wordpress. I will carefully check code on the first few jobs. Junk code and bad CSS practice will be immediately spotted and not accepted. We do higher quality customized designs. We DO NOT build of pre-existing themes. For each project we will supply a complete design, with sliced images. Work is straight forward and should need little instructions. We will provide a specifications document too.
If you are approved for the merge, I will start passing on jobs within the week or so. If im confident with your services, I will begin to pile jobs at a faster pace. I am looking for amazing prices and quality work. This is NOT a one time job, this needs to be long term and affordable for me. Given, some jobs will have bigger quotes than others. I prefer to work fixed price / job.
We are very picky on developers. That being said we are looking for top quality developers. I assure you, garbage code will be identified. We require clean code
Please see my portfolio below: https://www.behance.net/gallery/27436569/Website-Portfolio
If ANY points below can't be met, please refrain from requesting this job proposal. Not having all of these qualification will show immediately and ignoring any will just waste mine and your time.
* must have a team that can scale as I pile on jobs
* your actual developers MUST speak and type english. We have no issue with working through a project manager, BUT DEVELOPERS MUST have acceptable proficiency in English (does not have to be perfect but decently strong). They need to be able to internalize technically articulate changes, we will NOT ACCEPT relying on a project manager to spoon feed every change in urdu. Period.
* Project Manager MUST speak fluent english. this means, no embarrassing spelling or grammar mistakes. There is no exception to this. We need to be confident that when we provide clear instructions PM can have a strong technical understanding. We dont want to waste our time going back forth on the small stuff.
* A small part of the work team MUST be available during 1PM EST - 6PM EST, as that's when our client base is operating. Being available at night (US TIME) is a strong + as we can hire someone on my end to work at night as well, thus increasing turnaround time. Bulk work can be done at night (our time) as we will pass extremely clear instructions and jps designs of web page and sliced images should speak for themselves.
* how long have you been working with WORDPRESS?
* do you have experience with angularJS?
* how many people do you have on the team? and what are their specialties
* what are your work days and hours? Can your team work days and nights?
* where are you located? Is the entire team inhouse where you can monitor them? or do they work from home. Honest response, as hiding this will 1000% expose itself in the subtleties.
* how long have you been in business?
* please provide portfolio and please confirm all portfolio developments were made by current developers.
* How do you prefer communication between my team and your team?
* briefly guide me through the development life cycle of your design team.
* please send me a sample site. How long it took and how much did you charge?
* please attach a web design portfolio, if you have
> We will provide sliced images and JPG of complete pixel.
> We will quote price and timeframe.
> Developer will code site making sure to respect these following requirements.
- using proper CSS calls (when i make a change to site color, I will not accept making a while bunch of CSS changes)
- all content (WP posts) should be called using WP ADMIN AJAX
- all site content should be pulled from admin panel
- all forms and email authentications should be fully tested
- sites should be fully responsive using twitter bootstrap
- code reused on multiple PHP files (like WP posts) should ALWAYS be generated via methods. I will not accept copy pasting redundant code in multiple pages
- a code should be properly formatted. all JS should be minified
> we will then test site and make sure it matches initial designs