This position is for a Network Engineer that will join a fast-paced, global solutions and support environment. The Network Engineering and operations group is responsible for planning, designing, and implementing our Network infrastructure. The role will be both engineering-focused and strategic, while working with different technology teams to deliver core business initiatives.
Technologies in our infrastructure span across many aspects of engineering and service delivery in areas such as LAN/WAN, Network Security, Application Directors/Load Balancing, High-speed networks, Web & Cloud computing.
Company is headquartered in New York, with offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
• A hands-on valued team member to work with both internal (Windows, Web, Desktop, Market Data, Telecom, Unix, Development, Application support) and external facing clients.
• Interact with different business units and product development teams with direct interaction and support of new products
• Client connectivity and client support with an emphasis on infrastructure provisioning for daily operations.
• Follow industry standards and research to assist with making technical decisions and improvements to maintain technology advancement.
Knowledge and Skills:
• 10+ years of hand on experience building and maintaining Financial networks (including Low Latency networks)
• Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus, Arista EOS, F5, Cisco ASA
• Extensive experience with multicast, market data exchange, routing protocols, and network security best practices
• Network expert with performance analysis, packet captures, and network monitoring
• Experience with scripting and programming experience in any of the following: Perl, Python, SQL, Unix
• Demonstrated understanding of general programming, scripting and database management.
• Knowledge of financial markets
• University degree in Engineering, Computer science, or similar field, with at least 10+ years of industry experience.
• Excellent customer service and team oriented who takes a personal initiative in their work
• Creative problem solving skills and strong communication skills
• Financial industry experience
• IT Project Management experience
• Ability to work off hours when required for production related maintenance or troubleshooting