The AIX administrator must possess specific knowledge of AIX systems administration concepts, practices and procedures and is required to be available for on-call mission support. They will work on complex tasks and perform a wide range of AIX system administration activities with little to no direct supervision. The AIX administrator must be a self-starter and be able to work under aggressive deadlines. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and quick learner; able to adapt to rapidly evolving technology and priority changes; and have a desire to work closely with members of the IT and development team.
Ability to work with little to no supervision on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
Ability to communicate effectively and work under a cross-matrix management structure.
Required to be on-call and respond in a timely manner.
- 7 or more years of AIX systems administration or equivalent experience
- Apply best practices where possible using innovative approaches as appropriate.
Install, maintain, COTs and GOTs software.
- Consult with internal/external users to identify and document user requirements
- Monitor system and application performance to detect errors; apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g., diagnostic software) and provide interpretation of data.
Provide root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problems
- Experience with AIX 6.1 or later or later, performance monitoring and tuning tools, installation options, problem determination and recovery, and AIX security
- Experience with IBM Power architectures
- Experience writing and debugging shell scripts in a standard UNIX shell
- Experience with NIM, satellite server and Kickstart
- Experience with AIX performance tuning and capacity planning
- Experience with high availability architectures and concepts (possibly including, but not limited to, HACMP/PowerHA)
- Experience with Virtual IOS concepts and applications
- Experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts including TSM as it pertains to AIX and RHEL
- Experience with Logical Volume Manager, Storage concepts and SAN provisioning
- Ability to work with little to supervision on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
- Ability to work well as a productive member of a multi-faceted team.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure.
- Required to support after hours on-call and respond in a timely manner.