We are looking for a competent and self motivated system administrator that is available immediately to join our team in a remote capacity. This is a full time position which equals to a standard 40 hour work week. Work hours are 10:00 - 19:00 GMT with 1 hour for lunch.
You will be supporting users in both Malta (EU), Curacao (Caribbean) and assisting with administration of our cloud based servers.
Initial contract is for 1 month with the possibility of future extensions. Compensation to be negotiated (budget Eur 1000 to 1750+/month) depending on relevant experience and performance of duties.
* End user support (15-20 users).
* Domain registrar, DNS & Email troubleshooting/support/management.
* IP address allocation & verifying websites are production ready.
* Assist in build/deploy/maintain production Linux (CentOS) servers.
* Migrate websites to our new development platform.
* Be able to support Windows and Mac users.
* Good understanding of DNS, email, and web servers.
* Intermediate or better Linux knowledge.
* Excellent English verbal and written skills.
* Reliable high speed internet access.
* Stable and secure desktop/laptop of your own to work from.
Experience an asset:
* Setup and maintaining cloud based servers (KVM, Xen, OpenVZ, VMWare).
* Install/configure/maintain servers/users via hosting control panels (WHM/Cpanel, DirectAdmin, etc).
* Scripting system administration tasks.
* Intelligent & personable
* Willingness to learn
* Able to follow directions
* Self motivated
* Open mind
* Ability to multi-task