EXISTING AREA: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdmsa4kd2azpdc6/AAD1OfyUm0wU6YNwoR1hya8sa?dl=0
In the future, if we are able to purchase the land, we will inevitably need a well designed plan to present to the town board for approval. At this point everything is conceptive so things can end up moving ect. We just want to get a nice idea for presentation purposes of "The Possibility" of what it could be. I thought we could start by doing a concept drawing - perhaps in watercolor - and as we evolve the idea I will then get it rendered in 3D and maybe a video. Ultimately it would be great to use this tool as part of a kickstarter and investor package to help raise money. So let me explain a few details.
One image shows the current residence and barn and property lines - that will not change - it may improve but the house is going to stay. I would expect that for this area you will provide landscape architecture around the house - possibly utilize existing grass area for gardens and vegetable growing area - Im a big fan of raised beds. We raise and we will be raising Goats, Pigs, Chickens, Turkeys, Rabbits, we have two horses. We may also want to eventually add ducks and geese. You can use your imagination to include these different areas in a sketch and as we develop the sketch into a drawing we can move items around ect.
You can see the thicker forest area in the North East sector of the property boundry - this will be for Maple Syrup production - as most are maple trees. The line of trees along the original property border will remain as they are also maple trees. We will want to include a sugaring shack somewhere in that area for syrup production.
The entire property, to include the new property boundry will be wrapped with a fence and new pasture areas will need to be added and fenced. This needs to be aesthetically pleasing as the public will be invited to visit and it also needs to be very functional. Ultimately we would be able to rotate pastures from a central location. The existing barn will stay but a bigger larger barn will be built somewhere to facilitate that pasture rotation concept. We may eventually add a couple cows but the nice thing about goats and pigs is that as long as we can get the fencing in an area we will likely not have to do a ton of work to the land. We will want to be able to give the public Hay Rides pulled by the tractor and possibly eventually horses - so a functional path that will allow us to move equipment around and give rides should snake through the property. Two large ponds will exist toward the road along the east side of the property, one on each side of those postage stamp houses that are there. Another important area will be the poultry barn and the vision I have for this is a long narrow barn where a dozen or so 10ft wide poultry stalls will exist. These stalls will then have access to long narrow runs, about 10 ft wide and 100ft long. This will house the Turkeys, The Chickens, and probably the rabbits. We will need a dormitory area for Veterans that are suffering from PTSD or being treated for something or are homeless and working the farm to live in - this is what this is all about providing a place for the Veterans to always feel at home - a communal effort - this entire complex should be a self sustaining operation from the raising of the animals to the processing and sale of animals, produce, and other products. There should be a commercial kitchen attached the dormicile where they will be able to produce things like Jam, Candles, Soaps, Yogurt, Cheese, and other artisinal products. That means that somewhere there will need to be a store that the public can shop at and that will probably best be located on the South Eastern boundry of the property that touches the road.
So here are the elements that need to be in here:
1) Ways to travel around the property and public friendly
2) Fenced in pasture areas (can be wooded and brushy pasture as the goats and pigs dont mind)
3) LIvestock barn that will house the goats and pigs and possibly horses - there are two horse stalls in the existing barn so we may very well just leave that as a horse pasture but it will depend on what you need when you see the imagery and how you fit everything in
4) Dormicile with commercial kitchen area
5) Farm Store that will sell all the products made and harvested
6) Landscape area around the House and around the "main grounds" think English Garden - "Garden Rooms" - should be functional and beautiful. Ultimately it would be nice to have "Cut Flower" areas for harvesting - probably out of raised beds in these same areas"
7) An acre worth of vegetables (raised beds?) Again - should be functional and beautiful and efficient
8) Poultry Barn
9) Equipment Barn
10) Sweet Corn field, Pumpkin Field
11) We get snow in the winter so I will need to be able to plow or snow blow the property - keep that in mind.
12) In the winter we will open it up for horse sleigh rides