I run a small remote web design & development company currently based in Helsinki, Finland. We focus on custom Squarespace development, JS plugin development and UX Design.
I'm now looking for a freelance JS developer and/or a LESS-css developer with solid understanding of front-end. We work with all kinds of clients to help them with their websites. Most of the work is basic LESS-CSS stuff, or writing simple jQuery scripts/using jQuery plugins to give clients features they need.
We've also written our own jQuery plugins and we'd like you to help customers with them in case they get stuck.
The work would be ongoing, probably 4-20h per month. If you're sharp and got the skills, there's going to be more.
We're not talking about writing complex JS-based web apps, but more of simple front-end problem solving mostly focused on layouts, design, animations, using open source jQuery plugins etc.
You should know:
- jQuery. How to edit the DOM, animate stuff, debug, edit CSS-styles etc.
- How to write clean LESS. You should know your ems, rems, vh's, and be able to write LESS loops and mixins, prefixes and browser support.
- If you understand vanilla JS it's a big plus
- Knowing the very basics of Squarespace is a big plus (although this can be learned in 5h easily)
- You must know your way around chrome/firefox developer tools
- How to be a straightforward communicator with solid written english skills
Please tell a bit about what you do, what's your skill level etc. If you have github, or examples of work you've done, even small and simple codepens tell a lot if the code is nice and clean.
For this particular job I'm not very interested in your design skills so if possible please tell me more about your jQuery/JS/Less/CSS -skills, what you can and can't do rather than show your latest WordPress site :)
Also I appreciate non copy-pasted replies that don't list languages not relevant to this post.