WHO WE ARE:
Selerity is a partner of SAS Institute and Amazon Web Services (AWS), specialising in providing Hosting, Adminstration and Support services to customers using SAS Software.
- Initial diagnosis of issues relating to SAS software usage, ranging from the operating system (Linux/Windows), to batch scripts, to SAS Code and SAS Administration (Metadata, security, etc.).
- Work to meet defined Service Level response times.
- Diagnose and configure AWS infrastructure (servers, storage, networks, security).
- Assist other Help Desk Technicians to resolve issues.
- Work with vendors in a collaborative manner to resolve issues.
- Strong written communication skills assisting end users via email and our ticketing system (Zendesk).
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Self-motivated, proactive and an ability to think "outside the box".
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Good knowledge of SAS.
- Good knowledge of RHELinux and Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems as well as networking technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP. Tasks will include regular system checks, adding users, configuring VPN and/or Remote Access, Backup/Restore support and DNS administration.
- Ability to use remote access software (e.g. LogMeIn) to assist in diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues.
- Knowledge of basic networking, routing and firewalls.
- Responsibilities may require weekend or late evening work in response to the needs of the systems being supported.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Ruby and Chef.
- We would be looking for someone to work on a long-term basis as part of our team, with an initial trial period of 4 weeks to confirm experience and alignment with our team.
- To be considered, please forward no more than 1 A4 page about yourself, your previous experience and certifications that are relevant to our requirements, and your required hourly rate. Please also provide the days of the week and hours you would be available.