We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer / System Engineer to design, develop, install, and maintain software solutions for Verecom and its clients. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. You should be a self-starter and fast learner.
You will be working from anywhere of your choice. Flexible working hours as long as you can work 40 hours / week (at least 2 hours available during business hours in US eastern time Monday through Friday).
You will have the chance to become the lead / manager of our off-shore team as we shifting more workloads to off-shore. You will have the chance to get to training / self-study to learn new technologies with paid hours.
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Design and Manage cloud infrastructure, and make sure it's reliable
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or higher. Master degree / PH.D is a plus
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, Nodejs or other selected languages
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience in developing web applications using at least Rails framework. Experience in other popular framework is a plus
- Experience in developing mobile applications using at least one popular framework (Meteor.js, Ionic, Appcelerator). Experience in native apps or RubyMotion is a plus
- Experience with TDD BDD
- Mastery in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes (Waterfall, Agile)
- Experience in managing Linux servers
- Experience in AWS services
- Experience in DevOps practices / tools is a plus
- Join daily standup meeting via online video chat (skype / google hangout / gotomeeting). Be available online for at least 2 hours during 9am - 6pm US eastern time (including the standup meeting). Being available for 8 hours during 9am - 6pm US eastern time is a plus
- Fluent English language skills and great communication skill
Verecom is the supreme IT service and solution provider with global presense. Our firm schooled in information technologies and consumer insights.
Verecom was founded in 2002 as a multinational technology and consulting company that provides IT Services and Corporate IT Solutions, including web design, web application development, custom application development, e-commerce consulting, Internet hosting services, and a range of Internet technologies and communication solutions for enterprises.
* Our Vision
To enable true(VERE) communication(COM) with technology innovations.
With the motto "The future belongs to the one who has dreams", Verecom was established and exists on the basis of a great dream. We relentlessly push forward to achieve that dream with firm belief in its fulfillment. We believe in being innovators and not followers and we have exhibited this in providing numerous state of the art solutions to our clients.
Our philosophy is that a greater purpose produces greater motivation and success. At Verecom we believe in placing the interest of our clients first and foremost.
* Our Values
Employees are fountains of new ideas, fueling better products, services, and processes. The company embraces laughter, humor, and having fun while working toward a common goal. It pools a diverse set of perspectives and experience by assembling cross-functional teams to collaborate on projects.
We also believe that our clients and customers are key to our continuing development, and we believe that we cannot grow without the sincerest testimonies from satisfied customers. With this in mind, we will strive not only to understand your expectations, but we will consult with you to set even greater expectations, so that together we can turn dreams into realities.
IT keeps evolving in a rapid pace. Continuous Learning enables us to apply strategies which support learning and adapt to change. We use this skill when we learn as part of regular work or from co-workers and when we access training in the workplace or off-site.