We are a big data technology company, providing high performance mobile and Virtual Reality Advertising Systems for the emerging markets. We're headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with offices in China and a distributed team across Eastern Europe.
At the moment we are looking for an experienced DevOps Lead who could lead DevOps related activities of the company and coordinate the works of our distributed DevOps team, take responsibility for the application release, deployment, configuration activities, and automation of those processes. We are offering a long-term and full time cooperation and interesting work with the latest technologies.
- Be responsible and the contact point for all DevOps related activities of the company*.
- Lead the remote DevOps team, coordinate the engineers work and coach them as needed, participate in new members recruitment/selection process.
- Be in constant communication with direct management and peers, ensuring excellent communication within and among the teams.
- Consulting on the technology stuck to ensure best results and maximal efficiency.
- Maintain and extend server infrastructure
- Maintaining respective documentation and reporting.
- Other tasks may be assigned as deemed necessary.
* The main role of the DevOps team would be:
- Ensure scalability of the system
- Monitor and maintain system performance by analyzing and fine tuning/troubleshooting the system.
- Establish and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Automation of daily work, like deploying, monitoring, alerting, autoscaling, etc.
- Significant experience in High-Availability Linux administration
- Detail oriented, high-energy, positive can-do attitude
- Experience in leading a team. Experience with remote teams would be a plus.
- Good English communication skills
- Used to work with ansible, docker, git and can do shell-scripting
- Can program with at least one language like Php, Ruby, Golang, Python or Java
- Strong experience in AWS, CI.
- Big plus for experience with Hbase, Kafka, Aerospike, ELK (Elasticsearch+Logstash+Kibana), Graphite, Newrelic.
- Experience in Atlassian technology stack (Bamboo, Jira, Confluence) would also be considered as a plus.
- Tackle data intense challenges with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth potential within a fast growing team
- A cheerful startup atmosphere with flexible working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team