We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator.
The System Administrator is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The system administration tasking will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
Our online business focuses on several different industries and our most dominant business is SkillSuccess.com which is an online education marketplace.
We do not deal with any client work so you will be developing for only our original products.
We are based in the US but have an awesome team in the Philippines.
We have company values that we expect all team members to live by:
1. Integrity and honesty in all interactions
2. Meet self-directed goals and timelines.
3. Reliable communication.
4. Inventive: Seek creative solutions and never get ‘stuck’
5. Be a leader. Responsible and reliable.
6. Be a team player. Synergy. 1 + 1 = 3+
7. Personal growth and development through self education.
We invest fully in professionally developing our team members into the best versions of themselves.
Please only apply if the company values appeal to you.
- Perform daily system and server performance monitoring.
- Review system and application logs and recommend solutions to server issues.
- Optimize server performance and security infrastructure.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Recommend tools to improve and automate server related tasks.
- Collaborate with the development team’s Project Manager and CTO in terms of server related specs to help improve server-side application performance.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions if needed.
- Establish backup process and perform necessary operations to ensure all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate storage mediums
- Develop internal operational infrastructure to include regression testing and implementation as a part of the standard development process.
- Involved in the initial phase of project and server architecture planning.
- You must be focused, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a resourceful problem-solver
- Enjoys participating in building and improving server management tasks to help enhance standard process whenever necessary
- Must be willing to explore technologies to incorporate into current system process
- Able to collaborate with a team and convey results in a comprehensive report
- Recommend tools to enhance server testing and performance tuning
- Has the ability to work independently in a remote team environment
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science is preferred.
- Experienced in optimizing Linux based cloud servers
- Functional knowledge of system monitoring and testing tools.
- Extensive experience in managing high traffic sites.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, Postfix, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate server performance issues with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Nice to have: Amazon Web Services technologies, experienced in Agile/Scrum Methodology and JIRA is a plus.