We need a software developer and technical writer to join our growing team. Initially we will start with this first job, and if successful this will move into a permanent position with our company. Please only apply if you will be available to work 20+ hours per week on a regular basis.
- Strong experience with Linux, Windows and OS X
- Strong experience with command line / shell scripts / bash etc.
- Strong experience of writing drivers for Linux, Windows and OS X (including device tree, device tree blobs and Linux kernel experience)
- Fluent in the English language - both written and spoken - our team is predominantly English speaking and any tutorials/technical writing will be in english
- Experience of technical writing and tutorial writing for software and hardware
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience of low-level firmware / embedded software development (especially on ARM and Atmega chips)
- Experience with writing hardware communication APIs etc
- Web technologies and website development (including CSS, HTML, PHP etc)
- Experience with networking protocols (ethernet/wifi drivers and encryption)
- Prior experience of use of the Raspberry Pi, HATs and add ons
- Experience with other single board computers and microcontrollers such as Arduino and Shields, BeagleBone and Capes etc
- High quality streaming audio development
- Physical computing experience
- Any graphics knowledge/experience
- App development for Android / iOS
The first job
The first job will be a short project in order to test your abilities and see if we can work well together. It will also give you a chance to get to know our team and us to get to know you.
We are about to launch a new range of audio boards for the Raspberry Pi and want to fork this open source project and add/tweak a lot of functionality to make a dedicated, supported network audio player for our boards https://github.com/pimusicbox . This will include updating the software with a refreshed look, adding Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero support and more. We hope that you can do this within around 2 weeks of starting on the project. We have a graphic designer and hardware designers on our team so we can provide graphic assets as necessary and any hardware advice/support to help you in this.
No agency applications, please only apply for yourself. Please put "music" at the beginning of your application so we know you read the whole advert.