We're currently seeking an experienced, part-time Java developer to assist with an ongoing devops/automation project. You will be acting as the resident Java expert and will be helping us create a greenfield build automation pipeline for a large client.
This need is urgent and we will be hiring immediately. Please only apply if you are available to start right away.
The successful candidate is a positive, driven, self-starter with substantial experience working in developer and consultative capacities. You should be comfortable working with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, collaborative, and constantly changing environment. This project will require a high level of collaboration, however, and you must be available during the day for calls, Hangout meetings, Slack conversations, and so on.
It's of the utmost importance that you have passion for your craft and love your work. We're laid back, results-oriented, get stuff done (the right way), and we have fun doing it.
You MUST have extensive experience with the following:
- Java, in an enterprise capacity.
- Apache Maven and Nexus.
- Deep Linux experience with Debian, CentOS, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Expert level Linux shell (bash) scripting.
- git (and gitflow).
- Experience with a relational database platform (PostgreSQL is preferred).
- Experience with build automation using Jenkins (Jenkins 2/Groovy MAJOR bonus).
- Docker, preferably in a production capacity.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) exposure is a MAJOR bonus.
- Working knowledge of common testing modalities (unit, load/soak, functional, etc.)
- More than five (5) years in a developer capacity.
- Writing high-quality documentation.
Other tools that we use:
- Google Hangouts
- Google Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Harvest (timesheets)
- Jira, Confluence
This is obviously a remote position, but you MUST be US based. This is a contractual requirement of our client and is non-negotiable.
We're based in Atlanta/Eastern Standard Time. For this project, you must have availability during normal EST business hours (e.g. you should be a full-time contractor and not be moonlighting). LOCAL candidates go to the top of the list.
When applying for this position, please note:
- The number of hours you are available.
- The specific hours that you are available (please express these in EST).
- Why you think you are a good fit for this position.
- Something interesting about yourself.
You will be required to sign a mutual non-disclosure agreement (NDA), and independent contractor agreement (ICA), undergo an employment background check, and provide documentation confirming your eligibility to work in the United States.