We recently published an opening like this but have another opening.
We are a provider of Website Live Chat services for businesses. In short, we chat with our customers' website visitors to answer questions and turn them into leads and sales.
We are currently adding to our team of live chat agents as our customer base is growing.
We have worked with virtual teams since 2006. We have a great understanding of what we need to provide to you to ensure you can succeed in this position.
Here's what we have to help you succeed with our company:
- Training resources via our private team website, including video tutorials, quick checklists to use during work, etc.
- A defined "conversation flow" to help you manage website chats effectively. You will *not* be expected to just "handle chats". We've developed a simple framework that will help you know what to do in different situations.
- A well designed chat software that includes templates for common questions of website visitors and the ability to easily handle multiple chats at once.
- And of course access to your team lead and other team members as needed to help you. This can be done in the same way you would be able to lean over and ask a question to a co-worker if we were all located in the same office.
In short, we're *not* new to building and working successfully with a virtual team, so you will be happy with how we will work together.
Here's what you need to provide:
- Availability between the hours of 8am - 10pm EST. We'll discuss your specific schedule, but our chat service is online during those hours 7-days per week so you'll need to be able to work during shifts within those hours.
- Strong written English skills. Much of the communication is conducted via chat templates, but of course you will need to customize chats quite often so professional English communication is required.
- Experience with live chat software is a plus, but *not* required
- Reasonably fast typing skills. If you type with one finger at a time and you feel you might type slow, this position is not a good fit for you.
- If you are already in a "Full Time" job or are in the process of getting hired for one soon, please *refrain from applying for this position*. We are looking to hire someone who can commit to stay with the company after successfully completing the training since we spend a LOT of time and resources on training our newly hired team members.
- Reliable internet connection (at least 2Mbps), computer and power connection.
CPU : at least dual core 2Ghz +
RAM : at least 6GB
- You MUST have a webcam and a headset as these will be needed both for the interview and for this job.
In your reply, please
- Start your reply with "yes I definitely read the whole post"
- Provide 2 reasons why you think you're a good match for this position. Specific examples are appreciated
- Tell us about a "tool" that you've used in your previous jobs that you think was really powerful and helped you accomplish a lot. Describe the tool, share the link to that tool and explain why it helped you accomplish a lot in your work and if that tool was not available to you, described how you would have accomplished that task.
- Also, please answer this question:
-- In a new internet browser tab or window, visit http://www.archwaypress.com/ordering.html.
-- *Do not ask the live chat agent on the website for the answer
-- The question is "How many "sets of the plan" are usually usually required if I want to build a house?" *"A plan" means drawings / designs that guide us in how to build a physical house.
-- Simply answer this in your job application that you submit to us
We are seeking to hire someone immediately and will be interviewing right away. Also, if you're qualified but we hire someone else, we will contact you in the future for additional openings - we're a growing company and will be hiring more agents soon.