We are a manufacturer of patented custom weld machines and fixtures generally for the auto industry. We are looking for a mechanical design engineer who experienced in Solidworks and is familiar with design of machines and fixtures. This person should have an understanding of GD&T. Knowledge and experiance in MIG and Resistance welding is a plus.
Please visit http://tec-option.com/ for more information concerning our product.
• Design Tooling Fixtures for automotive stamping assemblies in 3D models Solidworks
• Design Weld Systems, Resistance & MIG welding
• Robot reach studies in 3D to confirm no Tooling/Robot interference
• Prepare 2D manufacturing drawings in Solidworks
• Hands-on product validation, including fit-check of components and assemblies
• Provide technical feedback of potential design risks and product performance issues
Candidates considered based on following qualifications:
• 6+ years’ experience as Mechanical Designer, Engineering Technician, or similar
• Fluent in Solidworks and GD&T
• Robust designs
• Proven designs
• Efficient in hours to design
• Good aptitude in Microsoft Office
• Machine shop experience is a plus
• Self-managing and able to work towards completion dates and goals as assigned
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English
Tec-Option is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
• BS in mechanical engineering preferred, but not necessary
Mechanical Engineering - 6 years