- Responsible for the on-time, on-budget delivery of large projects or programs.
Consistently represent self as the delivery leader by ensuring high quality deliverables referenced in the project schedule while maintaining delivery best practices
- Consistently execute according to the Verizon Delivery Methods centered on the PMI delivery model.
- Responsible for overall success of the project and/or program including fulfillment of the client business and technical requirements and adherence to the approved project scope and budget.
- Develop strong professional relationship with client stakeholder(s) consistently demonstrating knowledge of the client business/industry, knowledge of Verizon’s Professional Services offering
- Demonstrate clear and consistent ownership and accountability for the delivery of the project as represented in the Statement of Work, including, but not limited to:
- Requirements development and scope management
- Project schedule development, management and tracking
- Resource management and time tracking
- Project financial management and tracking
- Project risk management
- Project issue management
- Project communication / reporting management
- Consistently exhibit a professional demeanor
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-7 years of project/program management and delivery of IT and/or Telco solutions for enterprise clients.
- Extensive team management experience to include managing remote and matrixed resources across multiple business and technical silos
- In-depth understanding of project management processes and principles, including experience producing associated deliverables
- Infrastructure implementation experience.
- Experience working on projects involving technologies such as advanced networks, unified communications, cloud, datacenter, mobility, and/or security is desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Proven experience delivering a project as represented in a Statement of Work (SOW).
- Able to host and facilitate meetings attended by client peers and managers.
- Strong communication skills to accurately represent and convey information both in verbal and written form
- Expert knowledge of the English language – including grammar, verbiage and spelling.
- Detail-oriented and ability to maintain composure in challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task and be aware of several simultaneous work streams.
- Significant organization skills with the ability to store and recall large volumes of semantic and factual information.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a self-directed work team
- Experience working in high pressure, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- As needed, ability to work overtime to include nights and weekends as a project requires.
- Advanced skills with MS Office to include Project, Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel as necessary (<10%)
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification - Required
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification - preferred