The Data Warehouse Developer would be responsible for the successful delivery of business intelligence information using BI best practices, must have a sound understanding and experience of data architecture, relational structures, data modeling, structured query language (SQL), data warehouse and reporting techniques. Implement BI solutions by monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, maintaining data integrity, monitoring performance and addressing functional and technical issues.
Required experience / skills:
• Experience with MS SQL server suite (2005, 2008, 2012): SQL server, SSAS, SSIS and SSR.
• Large data storage solution management.
• Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence systems operation and maintenance
• Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Cube development and maintenance
• Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services ETL process development and maintenance
• Proven experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Proven experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Think strategically and consider best practices when developing to ensure maximum re-usability, support-ability, and performance.
• BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
• Certification in related field is a highly desired.
This is a typical Technical position which requires 5+ years of experience in both SQL Server operations and Business Intelligence development.