I am looking for Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator Expert for 40h per week opportunity.
- Design various SQL Server solutions
- Majority of work is with SQL 2014 and 2012. The lower the version the less frequently you will work on it
- Health monitoring
- Proactive issue discovery
- Find bottlenecks / troubleshooting
- Extended Events
- None of these are a must, but you should already know some of these well: Partitioning, AlwaysOn, Clustering, Indexing, FileStream, Replication, baselining, etc.
- Install SQL Server
- Setup and tune backups/maintenance plans
- Knowledge of other programming languages is a plus
- Tuning T-SQL
- The position is 100% remote, so you can work from home
- All of our team members are geographically spread out. All meetings take place online (using IM and video chats). Majority of our communication takes place online. That means that you can work from almost anywhere in the world. But you must have:
• stable internet, that is suitable for videoconferencing
• a dedicated and quiet place to work
• your workday overlaps New York time zone by minimum of 2-4h or you will be available
• we have a way to pay you legally wherever you live
- This is MUCH better than working for one company. You will be exposed to many customers, many situations, issues and environments. So expect your skills to grow!
How to apply (paste this list and answer under each question):
- Tell me about relevant experience
- How busy are you and how much time can you dedicate to this weekly?
- How soon can you start?
- Start your reply with “I am an expert DBA and I wear red socks” so I know you read this
- City, Country and time zone where you are located
- Resume is not a must, but would be helpful
- Your rate
- Your online presence: blog, forum handles, twitter, etc?
- Written something online? Send us some links then.
- Anything else you'd like to ask or add that will help me make a decision