Sr. Software Configuration Analyst
The Software Configuration analyst is responsible for providing mechanisms, tools and solutions for the Delivery team to perform their best through the SDLC. This includes designing and maintaining a consistent build and release management process, using the latest and greatest tools from Microsoft/intel platform. Along with the software release, the Software Configuration analyst would also ensure that all the existing Production and non-Production environments are always up and running in their best performance.
• Create and maintain documentation for tools used to support configuration management process;
• Identify errors in the build and release process; recommend improvements;
• Proactively identify and implement efficient SCOM monitoring solutions across all existing environments;
• Assist in interpretation of diagnostic data obtained from SCOM;
• Perform duties related to change, release, and build management using Visual Studio + TFS;
• Perform source code management duties using Team Foundation Server;
• Troubleshoot web application issues and ensure all the environments are running at their best.
Required skills and qualifications:
2+ years of experience with Visual Studio;
BA or BS degree, preferable in computer science, engineering, or similar;
Solid working knowledge of Microsoft development platforms and technologies including IIS, SCOM and Visual Studio;
SQL Server Engine and other related components is a plus;
Solid working knowledge of Windows server Operating System;
Able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences ;
Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight;
Must be able to work independently and within a team and handle sensitive data professionally;
Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and work within deadlines;
Strong work ethic, good attitude, highly organized, detailed oriented and team player;
Strong attention to detail;
Technical diagramming (Visio) and documentation capabilities.
Desired skills :
Industry-related certifications (MCSA or MCSD, etc.) a plus.
ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred.
Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of software testing methodologies