Our company is looking for a Chinese sourcing agent that can assist our company with sourcing products from Chinese suppliers. The tasks that will need to be done by the sourcing agent include, but are not limited to:
- Research what a realistic price would be for a product outside of Alibaba
- Contact a large amount of Chinese suppliers through Alibaba or other sourcing websites to request quotes for the product.
- Negotiating prices with supplier.
- Evaluating the competence of the supplier and reporting on this.
- Requesting samples and report on samples quality, labeling samples, making photos and/or videos of samples.
- Bundle samples and ship them out to our office.
The ability to be able to visit factories and talk to the manager there, take photo’s etc. is a plus, but is not a necessary requirement for the job at this stage.
The following skills and experience is required for this job:
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Excellent researching skills
- Ability to organize data and report in a concise manner
- Experience with working with spreadsheets
- Experience with finding suppliers
- Experience with negotiating with suppliers
Please reply with a short letter that explains why you think you are a good fit for the job. The trial period of the job will be one month, afterwards we will evaluate the process.