I produce books for clients - both printed and kindle versions.
I have a set design template used for printed books and I want to hire someone to convert the print-ready PDF files to Kindle re-flowable mobi format, as well as epub.
I am only interested in hearing from experts, because the book layouts we use are more complex than a standard text-only novel. I will show you this at interview stage.
HERE'S A LIST OF WHAT IS REQUIRED:
- Know how to convert from PDF to ePUB and MOBI.
- You must use hand coded CSS/XHTML as part of your process.
- Understand Kindle re-flowable format (including font size issues).
- Know how to re-work diagrams and images to appear correctly and at an appropriate size on each device (simply inserting images doesn't work).
- You cannot use tables, only lists or images. Any tables must be converted to lists or images (where appropriate).
- You cannot use embedded fonts.
- You must do a page-by-page visual proof-check as part of your process to...