To start here is a 2 minute video explaining what is this app about:
Here is a mock of the idea I have for the app.
I am no designer, this is just for you to better understand what we need.
If you have a better idea in terms of how the app is arranged please tell me.
This is what the app need to do:
1) Authenticate to our server through our API.
2) Been able to execute all api operations from the app (check postman file below).
all the operations that can be done in the web version or api, i want them to be available through the mobile version.
3) Needs to be able to work offline, store or necessary information so the app is usable. If creating or updating something save it in the phone until internet is back on and resend it.
4) There is going to be use of maps, location pikers and the google routes api.
5) There are 4 users that can login into the app: Administrator, Clients, Supervisors, Technicians. They all log in from the same screen . Admin can perform all operations, the rest depend on the permissions admin set. All of this is handled in the backend.
6) We are open to any ideas to expand the functionality and better user interface.
7) If you feel the api can be improved please comment, Im interested in improving whatever i can.
8) Most be compatible with android tablets.
This is the list of screens for the app:
* routes of the day
* Reports (list, create, show, edit, delete)
* Services (list, create, show, edit, delete)
* Clients (list, create, show, edit, delete)
* Supervisors (list, create, show, edit, delete)
* Technicians (list, create, show, edit, delete)
The api follows the restful protocol, you can experiment with it at http://188.8.131.52/api/v1/
Here is the postman file with all the api operations:
download postman and import the file and add global environment variable of domain "http://184.108.40.206/" and api_key from the login request.
If you want to access the web app to get feel for it
Here is the app we currently have https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poolreportsystem.technicianApp
The problem this app is that is very unreliable and dosn't work in some phones.
I made in phonegap and we are looking for a native reliable solution.
Note: This app was a prototype and was missing alot of features.
In order to access the old PRS android app for reference
If you dont get the route of the day view, here is another app that implements that feature.
I use Slack and Trello to Manage tasks, if you are familiar with this tools amazing.
If not they are really easy to learn.
Any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks for reading.