The company is launching a solution in the marketplace of providing safety for children and seniors through a watch (which is also a phone) with the end-user primarily being a parent for the child and a guardian for the senior.
The application the company is going to bring to market will register, track and monitor the watch (and therefore the wearer of the watch). The core features of the application include allowing a user to register watches, managing permissions to control which contacts are included both for inbound and outbound calls to the watch. There are also Geofence (enhanced GPS) features and alerting which can be managed from the application.
The application will need to be built for both iOS and Android and we are discussing some of the features being accessible through a browser.
Duration: we anticipate the app to be developed in approximately 90 days. There is a design and spec in place. However, there will be ongoing work beyond that if things work well with the candidate.
• Delivering a completed application for our company for the consumer market;
• Ideally, though not necessarily, it is built responsively so at to function for both mobile devices and the web, must work for both iOS and Android;
• Following a functional specification delivered from our company and turning into a well-documented technical specification;
• Writing all code for the application in a timely way according to deadlines and milestones agreed upon with our company;
• Combining all elements of the app design, including database schema and interactivity with cloud database, and testing it utilizing the best practices in bug and regression testing;
• Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the app works as intended;
• Installing the app into the appropriate production environments as necessary;
• Reacting to problems and correcting the app as necessary;
• Adapting the app to new requirements, as necessary;
• Taking part in user-acceptance testing to ensure the app can be used easily, quickly and accurately;
• Working as part of a team;
• Evaluating and increasing the app's effectiveness.
Compensation structure: open to discussion of hourly or project work.
Candidate should have:
- 5+ years of experience in delivering mobile apps;
- Samples of apps to demonstrate;
- References for completed apps.
- Preferably, but not necessarily, the candidate will be based in Dallas and be able to
- work with us from our Dallas based office.
Candidate must possess great verbal communications skills.