We are looking for experienced .NET developers with strong SQL and DevOps skills. Qualified candidates not only have the technical skills required, but are also creative thinkers who enjoy a collaborative team environment.
* Collaborate with teams in continuing conversion of legacy 3-tier ASP.NET web forms app into Web API with Repository pattern, IoC, and EF code-first
* SQL Server optimization: Stored procedures, indexes, keys, normalization
* Running unit tests and improving code coverage
* Analyzing the application for performance bottlenecks, CPU and thread usage, proc cache, etc.
* Visual Studio-integrated database projects (SSDT)
* Entity Framework code-first and the Repository pattern
* Web API and RESTful API design
* Continuous integration with TeamCity
Skills and Experience Required:
* 5 or more years of experience with SQL Server and C#
* Experience with RESTful APIs, jQuery Ajax, and JSON
* Experience with Nuget and the Package Manager console
* Participation in open-source projects and knowledge of 3rd-party tools like JSON.NET, Moq, Ninject, to name a few
* TDD and WebDriver-backed Selenium automation
* Knowledge of Agile software development practices
* Passion for clean code and test-supported refactoring
* Experience with full life cycle development including highly structured test phases
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Ability to create detailed technical designs; ability to code, test, debug, document, and maintain applications as required
Other skills desired:
* Build automation and deployment of .NET applications using Powershell scripts
* Git source control management and semantic versioning
* Strong foundation for best practices in security and encryption for sensitive data
* Experience with encryption, PCI, HIPAA and HITECH
* Experience with EF code-first data migrations
* Experience with Azure
* Principals only, no agencies or recruiters, no phone calls.
* Candidates must include a cover letter explaining why they are a good fit for the job.
* Must submit links to StackOverflow and GitHub profiles as proof of competency.
* Desired location in Western Hemisphere, expanded westward to Philippines and eastward to Ukraine (GMT + 9 to GMT + 2), to enable collaboration with existing distributed teams.
Joel Test score: 9 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team. http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html
1. X Do you use source control?
2. X Can you make a build in one step?
3. X Do you make daily builds?
4. X Do you have a bug database?
5. X Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
6. X Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
7. X Do you have a spec?
8. 0 Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
9. X Do you use the best tools money can buy?
10. X Do you have testers?
11. 0 Do new candidates write code during their interview?
12. 0 Do you do hallway usability testing?