I need someone to develop a tool that will enable me to identify the IP address and company information behind that IP address for visitors to a web page. The tool will be similar to what is available with www.a1webstats.com however I won’t need separate logins for different users, all the information will only be viewed by one user.
As this tool is only to be used by myself I’m not too concerned about the design/user interface too much, just that it should be easy for a non-developer to navigate / perform certain tasks.
Purpose of the Tool:
To identify companies where one or more employees have visited a particular webpage, how they arrived there, when and what device they used.
In order to identify the companies behind the IP addresses I believe a Whois IP lookup will be required. I’m not a technical person so not sure how this information is accessed, whether an API is required, costs etc. As part of the job I would like someone to advise how this information will be gained.
Process will be:
• Embed code on website
• Tool identifies IP addresses and other information from visitors to the website and populates a database with this information
• I am then able to access the database using an easy to use front end, query the data and download visitor data as a CSV file when required
Data required to capture:
• IP Address
• If it’s a corporate/static IP address then list the name of the company behind it
• Approximate location of IP address
• Referrer – (Direct, Google Natural, Google Adwords, Bing Natural, Twitter etc)
• Keywords used by visitor (if possible)
• URLs visited on a website
• Visit date/time for each URL visited
• Device type (PC / Mobile device)
How many websites will the code be embedded on? –Dozens/hundreds of different domains
How many people will require logins to query the database? – just one