Do you eat, sleep and breathe ZFS? Does properly configuring and implimenting 100's of TB's of FreeNAS storage keep you up at night? Can you create an efficient, simple and reliable storage system like nobody's business? If you love pushing the limits of IOPS, storage capacity, network speed, efficiency and more, this is the position for you.
We currently have 3 VMware ESXi servers running primarily Windows Server 2012 VMs. We have a freeNAS box filled with SSDs acting as our VM shared storage, another freeNAS box for our business storage (about 50 TB of space), and a third freeNAS box that is our backup target and archive server with about 100 TB usable of space.
All ESXi servers are connected to 10 gbit Netgear ethernet switches (M7100s & M7300s) in a stack with clients connecting to client switches (Netgear M5300's in a stack). The M7300's handle our vlan routing. We have a VLAN for servers (management), Workstations, Phones, and Cameras. We currently have about 40 workstations in Detroit that are a mixture of Windows and Mac.
We have a Windows Server 2012 r2 VM that is connected to our business storage via iSCSI connection to serve our files to our users. Our internet is a 1/1 gbps dedicated fiber connection.
- Things are running extremely slow to do any type of file operations, even from the server itself
- We are seeing tons of reads/writes and are not sure why
- FreeNAS hasn't been updated in a long time
- The architecture of the storage might not be as efficient as it could be
- It takes forever to do simple copy/paste operations between our main server and the archive server
- Backups aren't even maxing out our 1 gbps fiber connection
- NTFS permissions are probably not setup properly
- Must have expert-level knowledge in FreeNAS, networking and routing and iSCSI
- Must be an expert with Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Server 2008 + 2012, VMWare
- Must have a solid understanding of file systems and how they function
- Experience working with pfSense a plus
We're looking for an expert in freeNAS, iSCSI, VMware and Windows/Mac to basically get our systems running the right way so our data is secure, protected, available, and to treat the environment as their own.
PLEASE NOTE: To make sure that you have read our requirements, please tell us your favorite color and provide examples of how you've architected vm storage (HA), normal business storage, archive storage and backups (on-site and off-site). Otherwise, we will reject all generic applications.
If we find the right person and things get fixed fast, there is certainly opportunity for tons of on-going work with everything related to our network environment.
Join the Revolution. Work with a company that’s changing the world. We are disruptive by design. We love solving the world’s toughest business challenges. It’s in our DNA to change the world and improve lives through our portfolio of companies.
We plan on growing this project into something massive and incredible. Come enjoy the ride with us!