I have a small project that I need done and I don't have time to deal with this myself (I also need this quickly), so help is needed.
I need to set up virtual firewall/utm that forces (transparent) proxy use on the traffic passing through it and I need stats about the traffic. It's up to you what software you would like to use to accomplish this, I was thinking some free virtual firewall or utm distro, but if you have better options in mind, I'd like to hear about it. It would be installed as vm in ESXi 6 server.
1. It acts as gateway (with public ip) and there are some users behind it (either NATed or use public ip's). We also need some ports forwarded from public ip(s) to internal network in case of NAT.
2. Proxy is already set up, firewall should send all traffic destined to internet (*, port 80) to proxy server (currently running on dedicated vm, public ip, port 8118).
3. Logging and stats. Quite specific requirements here - I need a list of 3000 most visited domains (not full urls, domains are enough) with users/sessions/etc per day and / or month (there's some wiggle room here - let me know whats possible). After I have stats, no logs are needed as it would just fill up disk.
4. Block file-sharing (p2p file sharing, torrent) traffic, this DOES NOT HAVE TO PERFECT - if this can happen as L7 filter or application firewall that would be great, if not, basics will suffice (closed common ports or any other technique - can de discussed).
5. Documentation / installation steps clearly listed, config files, etc - I should be able to re-install it myself from scratch if needed.
Please answer to the question so I know that you have read the ad.