Candidate will work in a team environment supporting network access control efforts and network security processes including Firewall Access Requests ( analysis, policy enforcement, education ), ACL maintenance, and provide support for all network access control project efforts and support. Candidate is expected to participate in a rotating on-call schedule providing 24/7 support no more than once a month.
Education, Experience, and Certification
• Bachelors degree in telecommunications, computer science, information technology or 5+ years of progressive technical training/experience is required
• 5+ year experience in information security discipline with focus on network security theory and practice
• Strong working knowledge of Network Access Control and associated technologies. Experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine, Forescout, or Aruba a strong plus
• Good working knowledge of Cisco ASAs including software versions 7.x, 8.x and 9.x.
• In-depth understanding of the OSI Reference Model and its security implications
• In-depth knowledge of networking, principles of routing, internet services and protocols and their security implications
• Possess effective verbal and written communications as well as strong organizational skills
• Must be capable of working well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment
• Must be capable of designing, configuring, and maintaining network security devices with adherence to industry, best practice, and PCI standards.
• Strong working knowledge of remote access types and their security implications
• Working knowledge of various encryption algorithms and techniques
• Working knowledge in system, UNIX, Windows, and network device administration
• Experienced in the creation of technical documentation including discovery of devices, visio.