We are looking for a Content Web Editor with experience of writing about corporate management and finance. This is an exciting opportunity at an authoritative international business magazine and briefing service that provides news, commentary and insight for corporate leaders and investors on various aspects of business and financial strategy. This job role may extend beyond six months, but this will be dependent on performance.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the web content editor will select, write and edit news stories as well as features, interviews and insight articles. They will ensure that all digital content meets web content accessibility guidelines and best practice for search engine optimisation. They will also be responsible for collating digital content and co-ordinating editorial workflow via the website’s CMS.
The role is located in London and you would need to be meet regularly for editorial meetings, however some remote working is feasible.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Write creative copy, including news stories, features and insight articles
• Edit the content produced for the website
• Adapt and edit content produced by reporters and external parties for the website
• Manage a schedule of content and material creation and amendments, responding to and meeting varying timeframes
• Ensure that editorial guidelines are maintained and developed for our digital platforms and audiences
• Manage priorities in conjunction with the Publisher and Managing Editor
• Ensure all digital content meets web content accessibility guidelines and best practice for search engine optimisation
• Liaise with corporate advisers who are experts on legal, financial and business strategy on to understand developments in corporate business and to gather comments for news stories.
• Write compelling news stories for digital media
• Use social media to engage an online business audience
• Tailor news and content appropriately for a discerning business audience
• Actively contribute to content formulation within the editorial team
• Exercise good interpersonal/communication skills
• Work to agreed deadlines
Required skills / experience:
• Experience of writing about corporate business and finance either in the UK, in Europe or internationally would be an advantage, but a successful track record of content writing for a business audience is the most important criteria.
• Capable of developing new ideas, materials and messages within brand guidelines
• Experience of tailoring copy to digital channels and writing persuasively to specific audiences
• Excellent attention to detail (e.g. grammar, style, consistency, accuracy)
• Good research and selection skills
• Experience of news editing for web based media
• Excellent understanding of how to use social media to engage an online business audience
• Excellent project/time management skills
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Enthusiasm, drive and flexibility