: Small media group is seeking 2 part-time editors. Our group contains 3 different publications, all digital Wordpress based. Our group has 2 branches:
• Fintech and p2p lending from a b2b and b2c point of view
• AR/VR with augmented reality, computer vision and artificial intelligence.
We are seeking 1 senior editor for each branch. Successful editors expedite content development while ensuring the content’s quality. Our content is aimed at a very sophisticated, fintech and AR/VR audience. The editors will be reporting to the founder and editor in chief.
Job descriptions :
1. The ideal candidate should be able to assemble and manage a team of freelancers, curate a state news roundup using content from different modern news sources, and help assign and develop analysis stories using data.
2. You will be responsible for understanding and keeping up with the field.
3. You will have to, daily, select the most interesting articles in the field and generate using an existing process a daily newsletter with article extracts and titles.
4. You will work with the editor in chief to select the leading piece and write the original commentary on the daily newsletter.
5. In the process, you will help identify targets for phone interviews.
6. You will conduct the interviews and take notes.
7. You will work with external writers to turn the interviews into original pieces of 1000 words or so.
8. You will also be expected to generate a few times per month original pieces.
9. You will attend local industry events, Meetups and other events
10. And you will work with the editor in chief as needed.
11. You will be encouraged to participate in our different podcasts, events and more.
1. College degree (or ongoing studying) or journalism, communications, English or relevant academic fields preferred.
2. Prior experience is a plus but not a requirement.
3. Topical focus and knowledge is nice to have. Topical interest is a must.
4. Excellent collaboration and communication skills, including the ability to work with internal and external staff.
5. Ability to work on multiple stories simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines.
6. Strong understanding of SEO.
7. Familiarity with content management systems, web production and social media.
8. Time commitment : You will be expected to write daily the newsletter and 3 to 5 times a week to help produce the original articles. We expect this will take you 2 to 3 hours every day.
9. You will work remotely with your own computer/laptop.
10. All interviews are conducted over the phone and your spoken English should also be friendly and well articulated.
1. Pay will vary with experience and time commitments.
Applicants must provide
1. a résumé
2. cover letter
3. past work samples preferably published