We are a major player in the Escape Room Market and we're going to finance what we think is a very interesting and innovative project aimed at developing an hardware and software platform to control each prop and puzzle in the game and the overall game experience.
If you don't know what an escape room game is, please take a look at http://www.adventurerooms.it/en
In brief, the main concept of the platform is the following:
- Each prop or puzzle in the game will be controlled by a "control brick", a modular hardware platform composed of a small box, with a main wireless board (based on 8266 chip) and actuators and sensors attached to the main board (ex: touch sensors, buttons, magnetic locks, linear actuators, etc..)
- Other auxiliary bricks can be attached to the main control brick to add input outputs or sound to the prop. Es: if the puzzle requires 6 input and the main control brick has only 4 inputs, it's possible to attach an I/O expander auxiliary brick to the main control brick. Similarly, if the prop or puzzles requires sound, it's possible to attach a sound brick to the main control brick.
- The ESP8266 of the control brick will be reprogrammable. The firmware will be updated over the air (OTA) using a web application.
- No central controller. Each prop and puzzles will act autonomously, as the logic will be programmed in the ESP8266
- The web application offers a visual interface to program the firmware of the control brick. In such a way even a non tech guy can program the logic of the prop using building blocks and a visual programming language.
For reference take a look at google blocky as a library to create a visual programming language.
We're looking for talented people to build the team which we assume could be composed of a couple of professionals covering one or more of the following expertises:
1) Schematic drawing and PCB design
2) ESP8266 programming
4) Web design (layout and graphics)
If you're willing to join the project please let us know which of the listed expertises you're willing to cover.
Please also add a cover letter.
Proposals without adeguate comprehension of the project will be archived.
We've made extensive research on technologies suitable to be used and we will discuss them with people interested in joining the project.