Seeking self-motivated, detailed-oriented person for a home based Bookkeeping Assistant position. This role will provide bookkeeping and administrative support for my life insurance business and other projects. Duties include verifying revenue, expense payments, payroll processing and reporting, posting revenue/expenses, month end reporting, year end preparation, assist with tax return preparation, renew licenses, state reporting as required, hiring, backup of other personnel and special projects as needed. This is an East Coast based position.
Candidate must be able to make this position their #1 priority, meet via virtual meetings and be skilled using Microsoft office products to create memos, letters, spreadsheets, etc. Equipment needed include a phone with unlimited long distance, computer with high speed Internet access, scanner and printer. This position will require applicant to be available 15-20 hours a week on average but could be more during training period and tax season. A copy of a credit report will be required and candidate must have an average minimum credit score.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (Adobe Acrobat Pro is a plus)
- Experience in preparing emails, letters and working under deadlines
- Focus on accuracy and consistency (this cannot be stressed enough)
- Experience in upholding and supporting confidentiality including client information and internal business operations/partners
- Able to work independently with minimal detailed supervision
- Above average test scores on Upwork
The right candidate will receive $11.11 per hour less Upwork fees for the first 3 months and $15.00 per hour less Upwork fees thereafter. If interested, please reply and provide a copy of your resume with a phone number where you can be reached.