I have raw streams of H264 frames which I would like to display in my app on iPhone.
There are two views where I need them.
1. One is a live view from a camera. It needs to have small delay (at most 2 seconds).
2. A long list of short video clips (a list of ~50 clips 5-15 seconds each).
The clips need to play all the time, also when user is scrolling the view. The view needs to scroll smoothly.
1. In view 2, given the dimensions of clips, only 3 or 4 are visible at a time.
2. As far as I know, Apple's AVPlayer cannot play the videos smoothly. Moreover scrolling AVPlayers is a nightmare. Also AssetReader cannot be used to decode the frames, because it does not seem to support H264 stream on iOS.
3. The solution probably needs to use a software/hardware decoder and OpenGL layer to display the frames. Similar approach works on our app on Android. Using hardware decoder is preferred.
4. Supported phones: iPhone 6 and iPhone 5s with iOS 8 are required to work;...