The Linux & VoIP technology engineer is responsible for the design, planning, integration and testing of the Voice Carrier network and infrastructure.
Work from anywhere. This position can be filled anywhere in the continental US as long as the candidate can demonstrate ability to be accessible and responsive as needed.
Travel as required (10% or less)
Roles & responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Internet Telephony infrastructure design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Linux system installation, configuration and troubleshooting
hardware selection, installation, configuration and maintenance
- Network security
- training of operations and support staff
- documentation of infrastructure
- this position will serve as escalation point for operations and support staff and may, on some occasions, require work outside of standard business hours to include afterhours and weekends.
Required experience and skills for successful...