Key role objectives:
- Working with business analysts to identify gaps in functionality and feeds to downstream systems.
- Working with the QA team to ensure high quaility outcomes
- Developing, testing, and releasing missing functionality and feeds.
- Planning, testing, and executing the GPS migration of trading on a desk-by-desk and book-by-book basis
Key technical skills:
- Experienced developer (5+ years minimum) in software development
- Primary skill sets – Java, Oracle, Linux
- Knowledge and understanding of current best practices in Core Java and J2EE development
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Very thorough understanding of the Java technology fundamentals and design patterns used in real time transaction processing systems
- Good experience in building distributed caching systems.
- Oracle Coherence experience a plus