We're working on developing our online leadership course. The learning outline, teaching outline and some of the workbook and audio recordings are complete. We need another writer to join us to expedite the process of creating the course content. The outline and content for any material to be created will be provided to you, either by way of previously written content that needs polishing, or via an audio recording / interview with the course creator, along with a text transcript so you can create the content yourself. This is by no means a "research on the internet and write content" kind of job. We want to retain as much of style, tone and phraseology of the course creator. The audio recordings and text transcripts will provide everything that you need to create the material. That being said, this is not a simple ghost writing job either. You will need to create stimulating, highly engaging content, grasp the overall context of the course and the modules in order to integrate the variety of teachings inside the module. That means creating openings, transitions between content pieces and making sure flow, style and voice all seem similar. Ideally, we need someone who can take this from the spoken word, single-handedly to the edited copy.
We've developed an outline of what we expect from this person, in the first, second and final drafts.
1. Clarify what the course creator is saying, without introducing new phrasing, ideas, or interpretations
2. Elimination of word for word, and phrase to phrase redundancies within one paragraph
3. Organized into paragraphs
4. Sorted into corresponding numbered sections in the Workbook (to the TOC)
5. Consistency of voice (When to stay with and when to shift from third to first and second person)
6. Elimination ambiguity of indefinite references to prior sentences (“this,” “it,” these,”...)
7. Matching subject verb agreement
8. Lead with the topic sentence, vs “burying the lead”
1. Integrate the first draft with previous written content
2. Rewrite as coherent prose for readability, fluency
3. Requires judgement based on an understanding of the context of the section;
4. Integrate content with visuals, as needed (we have a graphic designer for this, but we might require you to work with the course creator in providing input to the graphic designer)
1. Fluency, grammar, syntax, engagement
Ideally, the person who is hired for this job will have some experience in training content creation and a significant amount of experience in writing high quality, engaging content. The course audience are senior leadership from non-profits and therefore the level of quality that is expected out of the writer is very high.
We're expecting this to start at roughly 10 hours a week with the possibility of going up to 20 hours a week.
Please provide some samples of previous work in your application.