Hello, I want to be as open as possible and lay out clear expectations and deliverables; this assignment requires a very tight deadline with specific skills required.
1. provide insights into restructuring 100+ person finance dept by eliminating redundant functions, leveraging staff efficiencies and stream lining decision making process (very little work flow analysis in this phase, focus is on the big picture);
2. due date of first draft report or slide presentation is Aug 22; final due date is Aug 31.
3. I am a one person free lance project finance consultant who already has begun this project by interviewing the dept heads and creating a current baseline org chart;
4. hired person must not only provide insights, but be very well skilled with presentation skills like creating diagrams, work flows and overall presentations.
If you are capable and available for the above, then please read for more details below.
INTRODUCTION and SCOPE OF WORK:
My main consulting services center around project finance. Presently, one of my frequent clients, (government agency's finance department of 100+ employees) is requesting me to provide a review of their current organization structure and suggest a new structure that is more efficient and reduces redundancies.
This engagement started as a friendly, “check it out and give me your opinion” type of role. However, I soon discovered areas of improvement and gave a more formal yet non traditional proposal so expectations are clear. My deliverable is a brief (either 20-30 page report or 40-50 powerpoint slides), 30,000 ft high overview to identify all finance functions, streamline supervision and reduce redundant activities.
As I am not a HR person or a restructuring management consultant, therefore I am seeking an individual who complements my finance skills and therefore assists me with insights / expertise that translate into a final deliverable.
Also i would prefer this individual will help me with preparing the presentation itself including reporting charts, defining roles, mission / objectives of each unit, etc. Basically putting in best practices and efficient / effective decision making and work flow into the finance department. The final report or presentation should have references to best practices and justifications for the recommended changes.
Currently the finance dept has very traditional roles and their current organization chart if full of lines and boxes; i.e. a linear reporting structure. I believe there is an opportunity to recommend a cross matrix organization with common work / skill teams. Again, this phase 1 is just a 30,000 ft high overview and perhaps later phases will focus on specific work flow and detail role descriptions.
1. relevant experience (highlight specific experience on your resume);
2. relevant past work samples with scope of work; of course redact any sensitive information from the past work;
3. availability of when to start and hours available for the rest of August 2016;
4. compensation proposal.
Again, my draft 1 is due Aug 22 and final deliverable on Aug 31.
Currently I am interviewing department staff and need someone with immediate availability, i.e. within 2-3 days and weekend if necessary.
Thank you for your consideration.