Executive Assistant to the CEO
$20 an hour
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and goal oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Nature of position: Full-time (40 hours per week), permanent
Wage: base wage of $20.00 per hour + a yearly performance bonus of up to $5,000
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including:
o supporting the CEO in managing his very active calendar of appointments and tasks
o organizing and scheduling meetings and conference calls
o completing expense reports
o composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
o scanning and reviewing incoming mail
o screening phone calls and visitors
o updating Outlook contacts
o arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
o arranging and preparing travel-related meetings and compiling documents for those meetings
- Anticipating the executive's’ needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the CEO in addressing these issues.
- Establishing and coordinating administrative policies and procedures
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by
o establishing objectives
o determining priorities
o managing time
o gaining cooperation of others
o monitoring progress
o problem solving
o making adjustments to plans.
- Represents the executive by welcoming visitors, arranging company dinners and other corporate functions;
o answering questions and meeting requests directed to the CEO.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of all staff meetings.
- Managing the contacts with US & Canadian partner companies
- Managing external contacts
o proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts.
o Determining the right contacts in potential client companies and updating their personal and professional information in Salesforce.com
o Keeping the CEO’s LinkedIn account up to date and filter for most important actions to be taken
- Conducting research on specific subjects of interest for the further growth of the company as well as compiling related data and preparation of papers on those subjects for presentation
- Acts as a liaison with outsourced IT providers on all technology-related issues, including rapidly responding to staff problems and email-server/network outages
- Continuously updating job knowledge by
o participating in educational opportunities
o reading professional publications
o maintaining personal networks
o participating in professional organizations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
High School Diploma required
At least one year of experience in an Executive Assistant role in a fast paced environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to speak effectively in front of groups of customers or employees
Strong team player skills and a good sense of humor
Very good organizational skills and a natural desire for continuous learning and improvement
some experience in dealing with the European (specifically German and Austrian) market would be an asset
Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
Demonstrates good character through references
Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor
Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Very good working knowledge of Hospitality industry
Proficient with technology including mobile devices
To apply for this position, please either send your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
High school or equivalent
Executive Assistant: 1 year