We are a wine company that sells online and ships the wine via UPS to 38 states. We need a way to automate our label printing each morning.
It’s a bit complicated some key things we need to work around are below:
1. Monitor shipping temperatures along the route. This would be origin and destination, also is destination is far from us we will need to check temperatures at a mid-way location.
2. customers are able to pick a ship date and sometimes they pick a date when it is too hot or too cold and we have to warn them before shipping so they can confirm to ship at their own risk
3. Customers can allow us to choose a ship date for them. Meaning we would have to check weather and transit time.
4. Sometimes wines on orders are pre-sales. We have a arrival date attached to each product that is a pre-sale, this can be used as part of the logic for this issue.
5. Sometimes customers put special request in the comment section that may affect ship date. Since we won’t see the customer’s order details after this is automated we need a way to handle these request. Maybe a report each morning printing out customer comments and their order number.
6. Our other developer has already made a batch order processing system, I’m sure there are still some bugs in it, but we can use this to get the labels printed.
Attached is more details on the logic that will be used. We may tweak this some more, but for now it is a good start.